BTDClock (Big Text Display Clock) is a digital clock displayed in large font on a window that is maximized to the screen so that it is clearly visible from a distance.
To ensure that the time display is uninterrupted, the program automatically detects whether the screen saver is active and if so, it temporarily switches it off while the program is running and the program also automatically disables the computer's power save/off mode only when this program is running.
When this program is running, the user is able to customize the time display by selecting a font type, style and size. Additionally, the user is able to change the text color and display background color.
There are other additional user preferences.
1. Enable or disable the program's startup screen.
2. Adjust the time display's distance from top of the window.
3. Automatically plays a mp3 file when the program starts and also, if enabled, repeated play the mp3 file.
4. If you are using Windows 2000 or later, you can set the display window to be transparent. Enter a value from 0 to 255 to control the degree of transparency, 0 being totally transparent, 255 totally opaque.
5. Display today's date in the window caption and allows selection of date format, either mm/dd/yyyy, or dd/mm/yyyy.
6. Enable or disable clock ticking sound and also allows selection of your own wav file as clock ticking sound.
7. Enable or disable clock hourly chime and also allows selection of your own wav file as the hourly chime sound.
8. Enable or disable clock quarterly chime (every 15 minutes) and also allows selection of your own wav file as the quarterly chime sound.
9. Enable or disable the clock's alarm and setting the alarm time. You can also select your own wav file as the alarm sound.
10. Selection of time display format, either in 24 hour format as HH:MM:SS (e.g. 08:30:00) or H:MM:SS (e.g. 8:30:00) or 12-hour format as H:MM:SS AM or PM
11. Default use internal sounds if no .wav file is selected.