BTDCountdown (Big Text Display Countdown) is a digital countdown timer displayed in large font on a window that is maximized to the screen so that it is clearly visible from a distance.
To ensure that the countdown time display is uninterrupted, the program automatically detects whether the screen saver is active and if so, it temporarily switches it off while the program is running and it also automatically disables the computer's power save/off mode when this program is running.
When this program is running, the user is able to customize the countdown time display by selecting a font type, style and size. Additionally, the user is able to change the text color and display background color.
The user can control the countdown timer using three push buttons: Start, Stop and Reset.
Here are the steps to using this countdown timer.
Step 1. First, set the time limit. (Select menu option Settings, Time Limit or press the F3 shortcut key).
Step 2. Click the Start button
Optional Step 3. Click the Stop button to pause the countdown. You can resume the countdown by clicking the Start button or abort the countdown by pressing the Reset button.
Step 4. At the end of the countdown, the time remaining will be 0:0:0. To reset the timer to the initial value, click the Reset button.
Maximum countdown time limit is 99 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds.
There are other additional user preferences.
1. Enable or disable the display of the program's startup screen.
2. Enable or disable the program log.
3. Buttons position from left
4. Buttons position from top
5. Timer display position from top
6. Enable or disable the countdown ticking sound.
7. Allows the user to select a wav file for the ticking sound or use its internal sound if no file is selected.
8. Enable or disable the countdown alarm.
9. Allows the user to select an alarm .wav file or use its internal sound if no file is selected.