You've probably experienced some disappointment after downloading a large file from an FTP server. The SmartFTPPlayer program will help you to assess files before downloading them:
- you can view the bitrate for MP3 audio files and the names of the performers, albums, compositions, genres, etc.;
- you can view the encoding characteristics of video and audio tracks for AVI video files and also view separate film frames;
- using the built-in player, you can listen to audio files or view video files in most of the popular formats, and MP3 and AVI and FLV video files can be listened to or viewed from any position, not just from the very beginning;
- you can download not only the whole AVI or FLV video file, but also selected parts, for example, a separate scene from a film or the performance of your favourite actor from a concert;
- you can view JPEG photos while downloading and it's possible to stop viewing them at any moment;
- you can view the contents of ZIP or RAR archives and download any file from archives;
- you can open any file from FTP servers even if the files are in ZIP or RAR archives.
In comparison with other well-known FTP Managers, the SmartFTPPlayer program takes a little bit more traffic, but that will pay off handsomely because you'll be able to download only the music, films, archives with the files which you really need. In other words, even before downloading you will know what you are going to download.
Using the SmartFTPPlayer program, it is possible to download the files you want (or parts of AVI and MP3 files) to your computer or send the links for downloading the files you like to other well-known programs such as Download Master, FlashGet, Reget Deluxe, etc.
Since version 2.0, the SmartFTPPlayer program can work not only with FTP servers, but also with HTTP links to the files on typical sites.