SpeedTextPad is a specialized text editor designed specifically for free-writing.
Besides standard text editor functions, specialized features include:
1. When SpeedTextPad is running, you can always see it on the desktop and it won't be hidden below other windows. It is an "Always on Top" window.
2. You can resize the window and reposition it anywhere on the desktop and it will remember this size and position. It automatically saves the window size and position every time you exit the program and when you run it again, it sets the window's size and position which was saved in a previous writing session.
3. You can set the "ink" to be invisible so that you won't get distracted by re-reading what has been written or stop the speed writing session to edit whats already written. This "invisible ink" setting can be easily turned on and turned off during speed writing.
4. There is a built-in timer you can use to set speed writing sessions time period. You, the writer can set the time from one minutes upwards and the program will remember this setting until you choose to change it. When the speed writing session expires, the program will play a wave file and display a message box. You can easily substitute the wave file with any of your own favorites.
5. The font type and size used is Courier 10 points font.
SpeedTextPad is a portable application. This means that you can put it in your USB drive and run it directly from the USB drive. This is because SpeedTextPad does not use the Windows Registry at all. The default installation folder is in the Program Files folder. To make SpeedTextPad portable, you only need to copy the program's folder with all its contents to your USB drive.
Although its name "SpeedTextPad" is named after the idea of free-writing, SpeedTextPad loads very fast. This is because the program's executable file is only 10Kb in size. It was written completely in assembly language.